Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pop Classics blog

I recently commented on the fact that sometimes this blog and my Resident Alien blog intersect and Henry Nguyen drew my attention to an excellent new blog that appears to span my own interests, ancient and modern. The Pop Classics blog is the work of a final year PhD student at my former institution, the University of Birmingham. Juliette Harrison comments on popular culture from an informed, classics expert's perspective. I am delighted to see that so far she has commented not only on the Life of Brian but also on one of the great historical episodes of recent Doctor Who, The Fires of Pompeii

1 comment:

vhtnguyen.com said...

Mark,

I predicted that you would like the Dr. Who post here:
http://vhtnguyen.com/2009/05/new-blog-pop-classics.html

Cheers,
Henry