Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Biblical Studies Carnivals XXX and XXXI

I am a big fan of the "Biblical Studies Carnival", which aims to gather together highlights each month from across the blogosphere on posts broadly relevant to Biblical Studies. Two have recently been published back to back, a treat for enthusiasts for the genre:

Biblical Studies Carnival XXX (by Tyler Williams)

Biblical Studies Carnival XXXI (by James R. Getz, Jr.)

As I have commented before, the more the bibliogging world expands, the more helpful these carnivals become. Unfortunately, the more the biblioblogging world expands, the more difficult it is for the authors to gather together the relevant information. Some go searching extensively; others, quite reasonably, limit their carnivals just to the things submitted to them. I am afraid that I have never offered to do one of these, and I have twice turned down requests to do one. I know that I would simply not have time to do a decent job, something that fills me with admiration for those who continue to produce the goods. Thanks again to all concerned.

No comments: